Monday, January 18, 2010

...Via...

Well, ladies and gents, I'm here. The place where it all began. I'm in Madison. In the room where I have stayed for the past 6 (?) years. This is the place where I first began journaling. I don't know what it is about this room that inspires me creatively. It just does. To quote:

July 26, 2005

Well here I am. I don’t know what it is. Maybe its years of this hidden writing potential that I’ve stored up finally leaking it’s way out on to the page. More likely however it’s the fact that I’ve been watching “Sex and the City” and suddenly got the urge to become the male version of Carrie Bradshaw who doesn’t have sex.

So... maybe it had more to do with SATC. However, looking back I realize that I'm always here at a time of great change in my life.
2005- The summer before my first CMW and Freshman year
2006- The week after my second year of CMW, but the first time that I realized I was truly in love with it
2007- The summer after Toby and I broke up.
2008- Christmastime, after Geoff and I broke up.
2009- I stopped here both on my way to and from Kentucky
Now of course, I am here while I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life. Granted, one COULD argue that I'm always at a crossroads, or that I always have drama going on. Howevah... I say nay to them.

-I FINALLY got word. Mint is a no go. :( Though this definitely means that I will work my ass off at getting a job, and making as much money as possible!
- I recently watched (500) Days of Summer. Wow. Never, in my life, have I watched a film that I felt was so real, even though in many ways the sole conceit of the film is artificial. It is told in non-chronological order, which I felt really enhanced the film. I kinda feel as though it's my generation's Annie Hall. When I say that I am not trying to blaspheme against Woody Allen... I just think that just as Annie Hall was about a modern relationship of the time, so too was (500) Days. I completely empathized with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who I feel is me. Period. I've also decided that this movie will be a perfect tool for me, for years to come. Whenever I start dating someone, I will put this movie in, and say "Okay... once you see this, you will understand totally and completely who I am." It was just... wow. See it. See it now.
- I'm beginning to compile a list of my top 10 films of the (past) decade. Look for it soon.

I'm thinking that's all for now. I'm gonna watch some Dreamgirls special features, and then TRY to get some sleep. Though lately I could swear I have insomnia. My dad thinks that it's just the fact that my hormones are all screwy, because I keep such strange schedule. I would NEVER admit this to him... but he's right :)

LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. I watched Dreamgirls last night too...it must have been the slow singing you insisted I do that got that thought in my head, you hormonal man!

    ReplyDelete