I totally didn't keep my resolution to blog everyday while I was in NYC. Things just got too crazy. Suffice to say I had an amazing, almost seemingly charmed trip. Met Carrie Fisher. I will post that picture at the end of this. Just cuz I can't seem to get enough of showing it off. I also may post a wisdom tooth picture too (Let me mention: I got my wisdom teeth out, Dec 30th). They're on Facebook, but I think that I want to start posting pictures here.
Whilst in NYC I started talking with Brian again. It was really just... well nice. It reminded me why I dated the guy in the first place. We had interesting and impassioned conversations about theatre. It really made me miss being a psudo-intellect on Facebook. Feeling as though I was being verbose and interesting. That my words made me a more interesting person. I just feel kinda detached from the written word as of late. Actually, thats not the only thing that made me feel that way. For Christmas, Heather gifted Kelsey the initial fee for match.com. Kelsey has been e-flirting with a guy. And his responses are very well written. I when I say well written, what I mean is, they remind myself of me :) It made me miss being excited to possibly see a letter in the inbox of your e-mail or Facebook account that might make your stomach do a little leap. I don't know. I think maybe I enjoy being intellectually wooed. It speaks to the cerebral side of me, that as of late, post school, hasn't gotten much exercise. I should write a short story, or a short play for that matter.
Another, whilst in NYC (ISN'T WHILST A GOOD WORD?!?): I met a guy. The tale is heartwarming, and heartbreaking simultaneously. Obviously I of ALL people know that long distance doesn't work. And I'm only talking about long distance in terms of the 4 hour drive to Duluth (more on that later...). This would have been long distance on a grand scale. A 24 hour drive long distance. A "it's smarter to just fly" long distance. And in the end, I think I fell for him, because it had been SO LONG since I had someone who I found cute, find me cute back. Like in a stupid "Oh my gosh! You like Crunch bars too!" sort of way. Of course he liked Crunch bars. LOTS of people like Crunch bars. But it felt like something special. He was the best kisser I have kissed in a long time. Like a long time. Like, things were so impassioned, that I almost gave it up. Too personal? I don't care. :) But unlike my previous two such forays, he was the smart one. The one who was smart enough to not even entertain the idea of being long distance. He gave me the first taste of what it would be like to realio trulio date someone. And looking back, it was probably one of the best things that I could have asked for. (Emo.)
I went apartment hunting with Henderson today. It made me realize that I'm probably going to be pretty picky when it comes to finding my next place to live. Good or bad? I haven't decided yet.
So as of now I can't find this blog on Google. I sort of wish that you could, and I may look into it. If for no other reason that I always had it with the intention that SOMEONE other than Nikki would read it ;) But I don't really want to post it on Facebook. For while I agree that there is something oxymoronic about writing a personal blog on the internet, and not wanting anyone to find it, I kinda want some people to find it. Maybe without my having to nudge them into it... hmmm. Dilemma, dilemma.
My teeth feel really fuzzy toward the back of my mouth. Gross. Damn hurty wisdom teeth.
Okay... that may be it for now. I'm going to investigate if there is a way to have this found anyway OTHER than Facebook... :)
-MJLK
No comments:
Post a Comment