Friday, January 27, 2012

Sleepless

So...

It's again been 5 months since I've written here. And I can't sleep. I think that it might have much been due to the fact that I had primed my mind and body to read tonight. I am reading a really compelling book that kinda reads like an episode of "The Good Wife" called "Defending Jacob." And I left my copy at work. So I tried to find an online copy to no avail. So I watched a little tv and tried to take my mind off of the fact that I'm terrified about bills and money, particularly my gas bill since my roommate texted me about it. Oh yeah. I moved since I last wrote this. I have a roommate, and more room and an electric bill and a gas bill and an internet bill. These are all things that you have when you get a new apartment that is bigger and contains a roommate who is addicted to the internet and technology and having things constantly plugged in. And then they text you, asking questions about the furnace cuz they keep the furnace at 10 degrees more at their family home in Iowa and they use the same amount of gas. This then leads to me googling energy saving and gas saving tips for our apartment and also ways to keep our apartment warmer. In the end I give up. I actually turn down the thermostat from 62 to 60. And it might be the fact that I just took a shower, it might be the fact that I'm crazy but I SWEAR it feels warmer in here the more I turn the thermostat down... Maybe our thermostat is defective. Or maybe the gas companies are lying to us and it actually costs less for us to keep our homes warm than it does to keep them cold. See? I told you I was crazy. This whole blog post is really what I think that I thought blogging was back in the early '00's Stream of consciousness. Did I mention that I'm writing this on my roommate's macbook cuz my Vaio is in the shop? The keyboard is bizarre, and there's no right mouse button. I think I changed tense halfway through this post, but I think that I'm going to pretend that I intended to do that and that I was being charming, and eclectic. But who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma. Yes this whole post was started, because I left my book at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment